Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Have you seen it yet?

Of course I am talking about The Dark Knight. If you haven't I feel sorry for you and you should stop reading this now because it contains spoilers.

The Dark Knight was the greatest movie I have ever seen. This is my personal opinion. The Godfather movies were to hard for me to understand the actors and so I found them boring.

This movie had it all great actors, great plot, and great action. All it was missing was a beautiful woman to rescue. Maggie Gyllenhaal does not count.

I found the joker to be very dark and disturbing but also quite humorous. The pencil trick was my favorite scene. My favorite joker one liner was when he said he was a dog chasing a car, he wouldn't know what to do with it if he caught it.

I'm not to sure I liked the ending. I know it wrapped some stuff up but left a bunch of loose ends hanging out there. It makes me really want the 3rd movie to come out soon but I bet its at least 2 years before we see that. I personally was shocked when Harvey Dent "died". This of course does not mean that Two-Face isn't still out there. We never did see a casket at the funeral and it was called a Memorial Service saying he died in the Hospital fire. The whole joker as a nurse was hilarious and disturbing. Man I'm going to miss Heath Ledger's acting in this.

Great movie I give it a perfect 10/10

4 comments:

Nic Lake said...

I will completely agree with you. I personally have never seen the Godfather movies, so i can't compare them on that front.

This movie was not the most mind-blowing movie, didn't have the absolute best special effects (a la The Matrix), wasn't revolutionary, didn't change anything in Hollywood... but it encompassed everything a movie should. Plot, suspense, action, edge of your seat the whole way, hilarity, drama, and absolutely amazing acting. It managed to pull at all your emotional strings, feeling sympathy and hatred for the Joker, shock and awe at Batman, and so on.

I agree... Maggie was a poor cast choice... she's cute, but honestly, she reminds me way too much of Kirsten Dunst... not necessarily a bad thing, but for a superhero movie, it is. The fact she was killed also sucks a little, but you do what you have to for a plot.

10/10 as well. Super movie.

Lauren said...

Haha, I loved the pencil trick as well. And when he was wearing the nurse outfit.

It was an incredible movie! Loved it!!

Logan Vander Wiel said...

I must say it was very good. I have to agree with Nic. not going to win much. the most I can see is the academy recognizing ledger's role.

The special effects weren't mind blowing because they hardly existed. the majority of that movie was shot live action so that it would look better in iMax theaters.

As for the Godfather movies, I still put them near the top of my favorite movies of all time. at least the first two. I will admit the first 2 times I watched them I had subtitles on so I could understand them but now it's fine.

By the way. I'm playing timeshift again. I totally forgot how awesome that game was.

Logan Vander Wiel said...

oh. and you should post again.

When are you getting to school. Come over to our new place when you do and we'll make a cake for you or something. your birthday is coming up soon.